Friday, September 10, 2010

A Double Portion.

July 2010
It never occurred to me that Lord may choose to bless my family with twins. And then in February of 2007, I found myself on the phone with my sister listening to the shocking news that the "routine" sonongram showed TWO babies. I was thrilled. And believe me, those two girls have made their mark on my life since then. Seriously, they have. They love fingernail polish and lipstick...need I say more?  Ok,  they have blessed my heart in many other ways too. I love them so.  It needs to be said that sometimes God chooses to give us a double portion of blessings.  I honestly feel that I've been blessed beyond measure. I know that it is not based on what I deserve because that would surely be...nothing. I don't want to take for granted that God is the giver and taker of all things. He alone is in control. It's easy to lose sight of this when life is going by without incident. Nehemiah 9:35 tells, "Even while they were in their kingdom, enjoying Your great goodness to them in the spacious and fertile land You gave them, they did not serve You or turn from their evil ways.". Sound familiar? Do our blessings make us thankful to God, or cause us to falsely believe that we are self- sufficient and do not need God?  If we think we don't need God, then we are believing a lie from Satan. Satan only wants to see harm come our way. We do well not to fall for any of his tricks. I want to be thankful to God and draw closer to Him regardless if times are good or bad. Serve God faithfully. Seek Him and you will find His goodness knows no limits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment