Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another Chocolate Treat.

So...I've still got chocolate on my mind. Actually, that's not unusual for me. I must say, however, that I really wasn't trying to find a chocolate recipe when I came across this. I was simply trying to catch up on one of my favorite blogs, thepioneerwoman.com. She has lots of very interesting posts on food, fashion, photography, home & garden....just good stuff. I was in the recipe section seeing what new things she had on there when I came across Chocolate Almond Frozen Mousse. And yes, I was intrigued because one of my all time favorite pairings with chocolate is almonds. And this particular recipe calls for a Hershey Bar with Almonds....my favorite candy bar. Bar none. Haha! Get it? Bar none. Okay, moving on. Unfortunantely, this love story has a cruel twist to it. One of my daughters has a tree nut allergy (almonds included) and I absolutely cannot keep them in the house. Because if she can't eat it, then I'm not going to make it. That would just be plain mean of me. There are, however, occasions when she's not here, like for a sleepover or summer camp or something like that. That's when I would make this recipe. Hey, you don't have any valid reason to keep you from making this so I won't make you wait any longer...here's the recipe: 1 (12 ounce) Cool Whip, 2 T. strong brewed coffee that is completely cooled, and 1 Hershey Bar with Almonds. Seriously? Yes, only 3 ingredients. *big sigh* Now you need to allow the Cool Whip to thaw on the counter for about ten to fifteen minutes. Next, gently stir in coffee until combined. Then, melt Hershey Bar in microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then stir into the Cool Whip mixture. Since the Cool Whip is cold, it will solidify the candy bar in tiny particles. You can serve this soft or refreeze it and serve as an ice-cream type treat. I mean, really, does it even matter? Soft or frozen...it's got the word "Delicious" stamped all over it. -----------Recipe and Photo Credit: thepioneerwoman.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment