Monday, October 25, 2010

A Trick or a Treat?

Tonight I ate too much meatloaf (thanks Tonya) and so...hmmm....I don't know what that has to do with this post. Maybe it just points to the fact that sometimes I don't feel like cooking or really even using my limited brain cells to think about food. Sometimes I just want to buy a bakery cake at Wal-Mart and throw it on my cake stand and just act like I baked it. Raise your hand if you've been there. I love the old Rice Krispy commercial where the woman is reading a magazine and gets up and throws a little flour on her face as she grabs the pan of Rice Krispy Treats and walks out to her awaiting family looking as if she slaved over dessert. Haha! Classic. I found the cutest idea on another blog that I recently discovered and want to share it with you. Best part, it requires minimal effort and the result is soooo cute.
Remember the $5 wire baskets that I told you all about a few weeks ago? I found them at Wal-Mart. Well susieharrisblog.com came up with the cutest idea for them. She ran ribbon through the perimeter of the basket and tied it in a beautiful bow. Next, she found bags of pre-made popcorn balls (see below).

Yes, no more having to boil corn syrup to make popcorn balls. No more third degree burns when the syrup splashes on your hand. I love it! She simply took the popcorn balls and put them in cellophane paper and tied them with coordinating ribbons. How darling are they? This is a really cute blog, so be sure to check it out. I really love the idea of taking something pre-made and making it all your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment