Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Rice Casserole.


Today's recipe and photos come from mennonitegirlscancook.blogspot.com. Can I get that on a bumper sticker please? Yes, mennonite girls can cook. If you've ever been fortunate enough to happen upon a mennonite bakery then you know exactly what I'm talking about. I found this recipe on there for rice casserole and it rocks! I mean it. It makes a wonderful side dish for chicken especially. Of course it does, right? Chicken & Rice....Anyway, it meets my criteria for being simple, having accessible ingredients, and tasting delicious. Here's the recipe from Annaliese's kitchen for Rice Casserole: 2 cups Uncle Ben's Converted Rice, 4 cups Water, 1 Red Pepper (chopped), 1 Pkg. Onion Soup Mix, 1 can Mushrooms with water, 3 T. Soy Sauce, 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup, and 2 T. oil. Begin by mixing all ingredients (except water) in a 9x13 Pyrex pan or large (3 Qt.) casserole dish. Stir in the water. Bake @ 350˚ for 1 hour. Sometimes I cover it and sometimes I don't. If the dish has a lid I put it on and uncover it once it's cooking good. If it doesn't, I cover it with tin foil once it looks like it might dry out. And really, I don't know too many people who don't like rice. This one should appeal to a wide variety of people so don't be afraid to make it for potlucks, company, etc....I am planning on making this for my church potluck this coming Sunday. What do you think? I would love to hear your comments. Lol! I'm the only one who ever comments. What does that say about me?.....You know, probably better just to leave that one unanswered.

No comments:

Post a Comment