Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Pancake Supper.

I am so happy right now, I could literally cry. The Lord sent a wonderful rain to my neck of the woods and everything outside looks so refreshed. We are actually in a moderate drought right now and that rain was very needed. In addition to the shower, we also have cooler temps that blew in with our little storm. I love how it feels and looks outside right now. It's still cloudy and the gorgeous fall colors are everywhere I look. It makes me feel....cozy. This calls for breakfast for supper. I love to cook pancakes, biscuits, bacon, breakfast casseroles, etc...at night. It just feels like the right thing to do sometimes. I am sharing a recipe I found on bigredkitchen.com (have I mentioned lately how much I love her site?). It's called pancake squares. Squares? Yes, you read right. This is made in an 8x8 casserole dish and baked in the oven. That was the first thing that caught my attention. I love pancakes, but trying to feed them to a crowd can be a little tricky. Usually, my family has to wait their turn in the line to get nice, hot ones. This recipe eliminates that and everyone can eat at the same time. It feeds 4-6, but you can double it and bake it in a 9x13 if need be. All you need is some good bacon or sausage and you've got a crowd pleasing meal. Heres the recipe: Pancake Squares- 3/4 cup milk, 2 T. melted butter, 1 large egg, 1 T. sugar, 1 cup flour, 2 t. baking powder, and 1/4 t. salt. Preheat oven to 350˙ F and lightly grease an 8x8 dish. In a mixing bowl, beat together the milk, butter, and eggs. Add in sugar, then gradually beat the flour in. Carefully stir in the baking powder & salt. Pour in prepared dish and bake for 20-25 mins until brown. Cut into squares, put on a little pat of butter, and drizzle with syrup. Oh goodness...my kind of meal. A variation could be to throw in blueberries, chocolate chips, etc..into the batter and bake in. Yummy. Yummy. Yummy. That's all I'm going to say about that.------Photo Credit: bigredkitchen.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment