Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Game Day Recipe: BLT Wrap.

So...I had a little stomach bug yesterday. And food is still not so much appealing to me today.  However, I owe it to all 10 of my followers to continue with the game day series. Haha! I thought I would bring a wrap into the mix today. Wraps have become very popular in the past few years and the possibilities are endless as to what you can use for the filling. I'm choosing to go more traditional with a BLT filling, but I've seen so many flavor combinations that it would literally make your head spin. My sister brought roast beef wraps to our last tailgate and they were a hit too. Plus, flour tortillas come in a variety of flavors these days and there are even lots of tasty low-carb choices as well. I better go ahead and post the recipe while I'm still able to sip on a little bit of Ginger Ale (my new bff). I'm sure I'll be back 100% tomorrow and will feel like really getting into the series...until then, here's the recipe for BLT Wraps: 1 cup Mayo, 1/2 cup dried tomatoes in oil (drained & chopped), 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas, 1 large head iceberg lettuce (chopped), 1 medium onion thinly sliced (optional), 16 bacon slices (cooked and crumbled), 1 t. salt, and 1 t. pepper.
Combine mayo and tomatoes in a small bowl. Spread evenly over 1 side of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Then layer lettuce, onions, and bacon evenly over tortillas and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Finally, roll up tortillas; cut in half diagonally, and secure with wooden pick. Quick and easy. Couldn't be better. Enjoy!--------Recipe and Photo Credit: myrecipes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment