Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Brownie To Die For.


Oh my dear, sweet, happy day. If this doesn't put a smile on your face, then I need to come check your vital signs. And I can do that, you know, because I'm a nurse. Cookies and Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies. *groan* I guess you have to be a real chocolate addict to appreciate the sheer beauty of this picture. Is this something you would want to eat on a regular basis? Umm...no. Unless you want me to perform another one of my "nursey" tricks on you called CPR, when you have a heart attack due to blocked coronary vessels.  However, an occasional indulgence is acceptable. This is actually not that hard to prepare and dear, dear, me the end result is incredible. I got this recipe & picture from a website called, kevinandamanda.com. She's got many wonderful recipes posted, so check her out.  And without further delay, here's the recipe: 1 box brownie mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, a heaping 1/2 cup cookies & cream ice cream, 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, 1/2 hot fudge topping (chilled), and 1 package of Oreo cookies. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl mix the brownie mix, 2 eggs, and oil until combined...and thick (Do not add the water). Scoop in ice cream, chocolate chips, and hot fudge; mix until combined. Grease an 8x8 inch dish and pour in half of batter. Lay as many Oreos as can fit on top. Next pour remainder of batter on top of Oreos. Bake for 40 mins or until toothpick comes clean from center. Let cool. Finally, have a camera handy to take pictures of everyone's face when they see what they are getting to eat for dessert. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment