Monday, September 6, 2010

A Dressed Up Yogurt.

I am currently in a Bible study, Breaking Free (Beth Moore), that meets on Friday mornings. We all signed up to bring breakfast once during the study. I recently had my turn and I took Dressed Up Yogurt and blueberry muffins. They were both well received. Today I am giving the recipe for  the yogurt dish. I should call it Darlene's Dressed Up Yogurt because my friend, Darlene, gave me the recipe. However, I don't like to get too wordy, so I will just give her the credit this way. I made this in a 9x13 glass dish and it looked so pretty. Start with a box of granola and 1 stick of butter. I bought Cascadian Farms Oat & Honey granola (on the cereal aisle in Wal-Mart). It is delicious AND it doesn't have nuts in it. My second daughter is highly allergic to tree nuts and finding this was sweet because usually granola has almonds or other nuts in it. So now my KK can eat it too. That makes me happy. Sigh. Anyways, use about 3/4 of the box of granola with 1 stick of melted butter stirred in. Pat it in the bottom of the glass dish. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees and let cool completely. Then take one large container of strawberry yogurt (I used Yoplait) and an 8 oz reduced fat bar of cream cheese (softened). Mix the two thoroughly, then fold in a 12 oz Cool Whip.  Spread this yogurt mixture on top of the granola crust and chill in the fridge. This makes an amazing breakfast. I had leftovers from the Bible Study and ended up eating a small portion of it every morning for the next week. I even think it would be good to just throw some of the plain granola in a pretty parfait glass and layer with the yogurt mixture, sliced strawberries, and end with a little more of the granola on top. However you prepare it, I believe you are going to like the end result. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely try this recipe! Love granola & yogurt! You can't go wrong!
    What size box of cereal was that?
    I may have to make the brownies to die for, too! Oh, my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a 17 ounce box. I didn't quite use the whole box either. Also, when you mix the yogurt and softened cream cheese it won't be completely smooth. There will be a few lumps. It's ok though. Once you fold in the Cool Whip you won't even notice them.

    ReplyDelete