Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Softball Player.

This is a picture of a softball player. She's not just any softball player either. She's mine. I have loved her since she was just a twinkle in mine and Mr. K's eyes. Recently, she experienced some disappointment over something that she has wanted ( for some time), but did not get. Is it a big deal in the grand scheme of things? No, but it is a big deal to her at this point in her life. Do I hurt when my children hurt? Yes, I do.  However, I have to bend my knee to the Wonderful Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace...everyday. I know that God uses disappointments and heartaches to shape and mold us into His image. Romans 5:3,4 tells us, "Not only so, but we also rejoice in sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.". I want those qualities in my children. I want that growth for them. I know that God has a perfect plan for my girl and I have to trust Him. He wants her to experience the unrivaled joy and satisfaction that comes from trusting and obeying Him. There WILL be pain, disappointments, heartaches, etc...that's just life. I have to be thankful for them too, because I know that there are blessings waiting on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment