Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Meal for a Crowd.

Don't you love versatile recipes? This taco meat falls into that category. It makes a large pot which can be divided up into portions suitable for you and frozen for later use OR if the local football team happens to drop in for dinner then use it all. Brown 4-5 lbs of ground beef or tukey and season to taste. Add in 2 cups of cooked brown rice. Then add 2 cans each of the following: pinto beans, kidney beans, and black beans (preferably Bush's). Throw in a jar of mango chutney and let it all simmer together about 15 minutes. How easy was that? I keep taco shells and flour tortillas in my pantry because the kids love Mexican food. This meat can also be used in taco salads, burritos, enchiladas, etc... I bet it would even be good as the base for taco soup. I got this recipe off of Sandy Coughlin's website, thereluctantentertainer.com. She is the author of the book (by the same name) that I mentioned a few days ago. Her style really speaks to me and I've gotten some valuable tips and recipes from her too. Oh and by the way, the Bunko party I had last night was a hit. I served another one of her recipes, Chicken Divan, and it was delicious! As I washed dishes last night, I noticed that nearly all of them were licked clean. That made me very happy. I'll share that recipe soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment